A career history of trying cases on behalf of those who most need their rights protected.
Trust committee member overseeing billions of dollars of awarded damages to citizens of Northeast Pennsylvania.
Involved in Pennsylvania’s legal medical cannabis industry since the legislation gained initial momentum.
Possessing law degrees from Hofstra University School of Law and Temple University School of Law, Matthew Slocum’s talent for litigation was evident from the outset of his career. He began practicing law with large prestigious firms in Philadelphia and New York, then in 2009 brought this wealth of experience home to Northeastern Pennsylvania. Upon cofounding The Slocum Firm, Matthew placed an emphasis on seeking out cases where his defense of clients’ rights had compounding impact beyond an individual case, thereby positively affecting the lives/health of the greater community. A powerful example of the realization of this focus, was Matthew’s appointment to the Tronox Tort Claim Trust Advisory Committee. As a member, he oversees the distribution of $5.15 billion dollars in damages to citizens of the region.
Additionally, as an attorney with a vested interest in the medical well-being of his fellow Pennsylvanians, Matthew is a Co-Founder of Legally Rooted. Legally Rooted’s mission is to provide education, clarity and guidance to clients seeking to enter the medical cannabis sector in Pennsylvania. Their focus is to ensure the people of the Commonwealth reap the medical benefits of the industry.
- Franklin & Marshall College, B.A. Joint Major in Business Administration and American History – 1999
- Hofstra University, J.D. – 2002
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, LLM in Trial Advocacy – 2005
- Member, Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar – 2002
- New Jersey – 2002
- United States District Court – Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court – New Jersey