Here at The Slocum Firm we are happy to call Scranton home. Scranton is a great place with a lot to do, no matter what time of year. With spring around the corner, there are more activities being planned so singles, couples, and families with children can get out and enjoy the weather.
If you’ve lived in Scranton for a long time, are new to the area, or are just visiting and want to take advantage of some of the best the city has to offer, you’ll have plenty of activities to choose from. With so much to see and appreciate, the only concern you might have are what to see and experience first.
What’s Coming Up in Scranton?
Looking for something specific to do in the coming days and weeks? There’s plenty going on in Scranton for you to enjoy. Here are just a few of the offerings coming up on the events calendar:
- Peppa Pig Live: If you have young children, Peppa Pig is coming to Scranton on April at 6 pm at the Scranton Cultural Center. Your kids will love the performance and all the color and joy that goes into making the evening fun.
- 13th Annual Grand Civil War Ball: This annual event recreates an authentic Civil War ball, and also offers dance workshops. This ball is held at the Century Club on April 22 and period garb is encouraged.
- Peach Music Festival: Music lovers all over Scranton will be at this festival from August 10-13. Located in the Pavilion at Montage Mountain, this festival has something for just about everyone. Four-day passes are available.
Fun Any Time of Year in Scranton
You don’t have to wait for a special event to enjoy your time in Scranton. If you want to get out and about for a while without a pre-planned event, check out some of the fun things to do in the city, such as:
- Scranton Lake Walking Path: No matter what the weather’s like in Scranton, there are some great places to visit. During the warmer months the Scranton Lake walking trails are good for hiking, strolling, walking pets, or just exploring. These trails can be fun in winter, too, when a lot of people like to get out and enjoy the crisp air and beautiful snowfall.
- Houdini Museum: If you’re a fan of Harry Houdini or you like museums and magic of any kind, this can be a great place to spend an afternoon or even the entire day. There is plenty to see, and you’ll learn about Houdini and his famous magic act. It’s fun for all ages, but may be appreciated more by older children as well as adults.
- Montage Mountain: During the summer months you’ll want to enjoy all the water parks, and when it’s cold outside you can ski and snowboard to your heart’s content. There’s always something to do at Montage Mountain, and it’s great fun for all ages. There’s plenty of nature to appreciate, too, along with outdoor activities to get involved in almost any time of year.
Scranton is a great place to enjoy
From wonderful parks to great museums and fine food, there’s always something to see or do. You can become a big part of the community, and spend your time appreciating everything that Scranton provides to locals and tourists alike.